Camping is the prime venue for delivering the program of Scouts
When a group reserves a facility, other Scouting youth are
excluded from using that facility at that time. Quite often that
might be the only camping opportunity for a youth during that
In addition Scouts Canada has a very large financial investment
in all its facilities.
With these two concepts in mind, Central Ontario Administration
Centre's policy is:
If a group makes a reservation and cancels with six weeks
or less of the beginning of the function, that group is financially
responsible in full.
There are some exceptions:
- If a group withdraws their reservation within that 6 week
period; but, another group reserves the same facility, the
original group is exempt.
- The financial responsibility is in effect for COSCís current
financial year; namely, (September 1 to August 31).
- Periodically exceptional circumstances, such as
extreme weather and certain tragedies, would warrant an
exemption. Please contact the office.
- Haliburton Scout Reserve has different cancellation
guidelines. Please visit that campís website for details.
- To avoid misunderstandings, please contact the office
if a cancellation is imminent.
- Scouts Canada reserves the right to cancel a booking at any time.